Track Tempo Intervals @ 10km pace

A continuation of the iron study Minnie and I contributed to last year commenced while I was at the track today. Some new faces and a couple of old faces in various roles.

For me it was a similar session as last two sessions at the track. 3200m @ 10km pace except I set the watch at 20 seconds per 100m and stayed just under for the whole journey (10:36) instead of just running by feel. The effort much quicker than last efforts and just as comfortable. After a 200m walk recovery I ran another 800m at the same pace just to take it up to 4000m. I could run much further at that pace except it would become a tearing down instead of building up session. I'll save those efforts for the races.

Helen arrived late, still with a slight head cold. No track today for Helen, just a run in the bush.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024