Australian Running Festival Half Marathon

74:10, 6th overall, 1st in M50-59. I can only compare to last year in similar conditions and form. I was 40 seconds slower today than in 2012. All of that time loss came when I ran solo from the 11th km to race end where as in 2012 I was able to run with the marathon runners between kilometres 11-15. Both today and last year I started too fast.

I actually felt better today than last year. While I was sitting in with the lead marathon runners I was very comfortable but once dropped from the bunch during a drink stop debacle I struggled for form...clearly I was on my limit.

There were 4 marathon runners in that pack. Rowan Walker went on to win in 2:24, two faded significantly from the pace we were running at, one pulled out. 

The last 5km I ran flat out, moved from 6th up to 4th, but slipped back to 6th again with 500m to go despite running 3:19 for the last km. The competition was a step up from last years race.

Sitting at brunch in Manuka were the cheer squad along with KT 93:03 and Bob 106:57 who both ran great.

Comments

David said…
Nice run Bruce, great time, last year was exceptional.

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024