Cycle Begins Again


Only 2km with Bella yesterday on my recovery from Championships day. Today straight back into it with a 20km run over the mountain to work and back. It will be normal base building 101 tomorrow with a long intervals session either on track or at Stromlo.
In 11 days the Australian Running Festival Half Marathon…I get an extra week of recovery this year. I am entered for the Gold Coast Half Marathon in July so it will be interesting to see if I can improve with some specific half marathon training.

Looking way forward I will adjust the competition blocks back to make good for the Australian Masters Athletics Championships at Hobart in early March (non-Easter). Only three days competition so 10000m, 5000m, Cross Country for me on consecutive days. Prior to that there is Oceania Championships in hot January Bendigo (5000m & 800m), Australian Masters Games in cool October Geelong (5000m & 1500m). Zatopek B Grade 10000m and Victorian 5000m Championships will also slot in there somewhere.
On the road, after I return from Tour de France will be City2Surf and Canberra Times Fun Run…not much room in the year for anything else.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024