7.6 degrees: AIS Tempo Intervals

The cloud and fog didn't lift today and the temperature barely got above 8 all day. 7.6 degrees when I started my session at 4pm.

I really struggled in the cold on the first effort, was faster in the second, faster again in the third but felt my thigh seize up so bailed on the interval before I did any damage.

The set: 1600m 5:19 ; 1200m 3:57, 200m 38 with 200m walk recovery between efforts. 15km for the day, 125km still in the legs.

None of my friends trained fast today, far too cold. Helen, Kathy and I ran in the bush after my set. Helen feeling fatigued from a tough session on Saturday and a great 86.9% ast in the Vets Handicap on Sunday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024