City2Surf 2013 : ???

I can predict my probable result in City2Surf by my work ethic in the few months before the race and my luck or bad management inside the last few weeks and during the race itself.

Looking back:
2008 Poor work ethic, was away for the race in Europe, result would have been not good

2009 Good work ethic, caught swine flu at beginning of Europe and cold immediately on return, worked hard in between illness, 47:23, best I could hope for

2010 Great work ethic, caught swine flu in middle of Europe trip but incredibly had only 2 light days during illness, ran some weeks during holiday up to 140km, 46:43, best I could hope for

2011 Great work ethic, no illness, 48:38, started too fast, tore stomach muscle in rain, deserved a great result, poor race management

2012 Good work ethic, no illness, 47:46, no excuses, best I could hope for

2013 Good work ethic, no illness (cross fingers), no excuses, best I could hope for is mid-high 47s

In reality the hardest I worked in kilometres run and doing all the sessions was 2010 and despite illness that has been my best result. 2011 could have been similar but I haven't done enough kilometres in 2012 or 2013 on mass to deserve any better. My experience is for anything more the 5000m much of the results come from just a great work ethic. Except for the last 5 weeks my training has been very smart but patchy through racing too much.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024