Paris Training Camp Day 2 : 5 x 400m, 400m recovery

Yesterday arrival in Paris and sorted into apartment. Run was through the Bois de Boulogne scouting training venues. 75 minutes all up including 3 x 60 second efforts with 30 seconds recovery. Nothing more than a loosener.

This morning was my first session, again just trying to get the legs moving again, nothing full gas. The set: Warm up, 4 x 100m strides, 5 x 400m with 400m jog, 4 x 100m strides, warm down. Splits: 76,75,74,71,69.

An afternoon run of 40 minutes made 19km for the day, 116km last 7 days. I will run over 140km this week before easing off again. Full taper begins in 10 days.

My apartment is a short jog from a very nice athletics track, open to the public. I'll have no trouble getting all my sessions in there. I will be able to make a big improvement in form given I am not working and the weather here is far from the extreme cold in Canberra. In the high 20s, very nice for running.

Next set tomorrow, some longer track intervals.

Back in Canberra Steve ran 3 x 1500m XC efforts in windy conditions. Splits: 5:16,5:16,5:16.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024