Kosciusko National Park ; Parkrun Jindabyne 1st 18:35

Another week of bush fire smoke rolling into Canberra. On Friday afternoon after a few missed sessions I drove south up into the mountains to find some quality air and pleasant running. It crossed my mind on the way down Parkrun Jindabyne would be on. Luckily I had my barcode in the glove box! As it turned out all Parkruns in the greater Canberra region were cancelled for the same health reasons due to smoke.

On Friday afternoon I ran 10km. On Saturday morning I ran 11km as a warm up for Parkrun 5km. I enjoyed all the runs, especially the single track trail along Lake Jindabyne and at Island Bend where I camped at altitude.

Parkrun Jindabyne weather was warm to hot at around 28-30 degrees. Course was almost all concrete bike path (two short sections of grass). I was worried about my thigh tear holding up on such a hard surface. Like my previous tempo run on Thursday where I got down to 3:55/km, I just ran by feel well within myself. Very surprised when I saw the splits: 3:37,3:36,3:40,3:42,3:46. Seemingly no after effects for my thigh. I'll find out during my next run.

Result was 18:35 and a new age graded record of 84%. I may turn up again when I am injury free and add a few percent to that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024