Stromlo XC Steve 3 x 800m ; Me 17km Recovery Run

This morning 5am at Stromlo XC circuit Steve doing a set of 3 x 800m (2:40s-2:38) while I was running 17km as a recovery run. Weather was warm to hot with clear air although smoke haze could be seen in the distance, especially to the east where the south coast where some friends are still there, fires are out of control, many homes lost :-( Stromlo Forest Park was closed due to extreme fire weather just after we left.

Tomorrow if the Parkrun events are not cancelled I'll run locally at Parkrun Coombs. I still hold the age graded course for this event set in the inaugural event way back in March 2018. I'm in good enough shape to better this (17:13) so I may give it a crack if I think I am up to it. Still recovering from a thigh muscle tear. A cold change with some thunderstorms will come this afternoon. It should be cool in the morning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024