Steve 3 x 600m XC Intervals ; Keith 6 x 3 minute efforts

Thursday morning (windy) Steve ran 3 x 600m efforts with 400m jog recovery. Splits: 1:55,1:52,1:50. This was Steve's fastest set of this type for the summer, peak effort close to this time last year. Parkrun season coming up for Steve.

Keith ran 6 x 3 minute efforts with 2 minutes jog recovery on undulating road. Keith making good progress in his return to running.

I ran an easy 3km on grass to gauge progress if any to my thigh injury. No progress in the last week. Jog begins with no pain for 2km or more followed by some pain in mid to lower thigh. Injury first occurred two weeks ago when finishing BBQ Stakes. Three days later no pain until commencing 4th effort of an 800m set (I stopped immediately). The hurt it again today at work Xmas party playing badminton. I could be wrong but think it's a tear of the iliopsoas muscle. I have no pain walking and can do a hop test. A few weeks out from running should get it going again. I'll try easy mtb riding this weekend and see if I can get through that with no issues. Self massage, stretching and foam rolling are ongoing. I'll test the injury progress once a week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024