Long Run 17km including European Masters Athletics One Mile Challenge Attempt One

Weather back to dreary. Pea Soup fog in morning, no wind. As the day went on low hanging cloud until late afternoon when the wind picked up. I caught a glimpse of the sun right on sunset.

Late afternoon run of 17km was designed to coincide with the 3:30pm opening of the Australian Institute of Sport track. I ran 5km to the track including 3 x 50 metre strides and arrived spot on opening. I peeled off clothes and began my One Mile effort immediately. No change of shoes, wore trainers.

One Mile was even paced at exactly 3:14/km, I felt great running on a brand new track surface. It is identical to the Tokyo Olympics surface if those Games are ever run. The speed decent for a 3000m or 5000m, not so quick for a Mile. I have until the end of July to post a faster time in the European Masters Athletics One Mile Challenge. Main goal is to find good form again over 5000m and 10000m (although I'm there already). I'll continue to run One Mile efforts every couple of days, in between some sessions that will lead to faster One Mile times.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024