Stromlo XC 17km incl 2 x One Mile

Friday afternoon session at Stromlo XC circuits of 17km including 2 x One Mile. Weather cool, some sun, some wind. After feeling fatigued on Thursday I skipped a morning run and took a nap after lunch, pre-session. It seems to have worked.

The set: Warm up, 2 x One Mile with 400m jog recovery, very long warm down to make it a 17km long run. Like Thursday the first Mile was a tempo (40 seconds quicker than Thursday), second Mile was flat out (17 seconds quicker than Thursday). I now have a keeper for the European Masters Athletics One Mile Challenge. It is my fastest Mile since 2013. I'm convinced I can run faster although most of my best runs feel as easy as today. Next set tomorrow at Stromlo again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024