ACT Track 3000m Championship 10:07

Friday evening 3000m ACT Championship races. Weather was hot, no wind, low humidity. Fields were packed with class of all ages (12-58yo). I was the oldest runner there. The races were great to watch and run in. More than a few from over the border New South Wales. All the races followed the same plot with fast early pace, field splits up especially when the body core temperature peaked out.

My splits (500m): 1:35,1:35,1:39,1:44,1:46,1:39. I had two very bad splits when my core temp over-cooked, otherwise OK.

Saturday morning Parkrun Coombs again. I'll see how I pull up, I'm not sore this evening. I only need to get one more Parkrun closer to my 50th event. I may run hard anyway. Stromlo group session warm down after that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024