Parkrun Coombs 5km 1st 17:23 ; Stromlo Trail Running Festival 30km ; Steve 5km ; Keith 2000m 1500m

Hot and sunny Saturday morning for assorted local running events. I ran Parkrun Coombs on a new course, designed to avoid conflicts with horses. It was Coombs first Parkrun since the Covid pause back on 14th March. The new course on a mix of grass, bitumen and gravel. It will be a 15 second quicker course when a second dead turn near the finish is removed in the future.

My run a win start to finish. Splits (500m): 1:36,1:42,1:40,1:38,1:43,(dead turn)1:49,1:48,1:42,(dead turn)1:51,1:43,0:04. I was running at 16:40 pace in the first half without dead turns. I did improve my age graded record for the event. Helen and Minnie also did Parkrun Coombs.

We then went a short drive to Stromlo to watch cheering on friends run the Stromlo Trail Running Festival 30km event (and have two coffees).

Steve ran a faux Parkrun 5km in 18 minutes+. Keith ran 2000m (7:15), 1500m (untimed)on undulating gravel road.

Tomorrow at 6am Stromlo Trail Running Festival 10km event for me. The event has been conducted under Covid protocol, starts in waves of fewer runners to reduce likeliness of contagion. No Covid in Canberra for months, there are interstate runners here. I felt good today. I should pull up OK for tomorrow, enough for a solid run.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024