End of the Big Rain Event : Stromlo Criterium Track 17km Day 2 ; Easter Half Marathon Hobart

Again rain all day, heavy this time. All the dams are overflowing, flooding in many areas and roads cut. I had to take the long way to work and back with Coppins Crossing on the Molonglo River closed to traffic. I waited until mid-afternoon for the deluge to calm down. Basically a repeat of yesterday 17km, 5 minutes quicker than the previous day, I didn't feel as good.

Wednesday at BBQ Stakes 6km XC will be muddy and my 100th run in the event (I may get a t-shirt). I'll just be cruising around. Next session will be on Saturday at Parkrun. Nice weather is coming with morning temperatures in single digits and maximum around 20 degrees, sunny. This is a typical early autumn weather. May can be horrible. It's 12 days until the Easter Half Marathon in Hobart Tasmania. I'll peak at 120km+ on the weekend before starting my taper for the event.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024