Parkrun Coombs 17:25 1st ; Stromlo XC Intervals 1 min hard, 1 min easy

Saturday morning Parkrun Coombs 1st in 17:25. Weather cool and no wind. I didn't allow enough time to warm up, felt horrible at the start line and was hoping to warm up during the run. I had good competition from Andrew and forced him to the front until I did warm up. At 2km I took the lead again. At the turn around I committed to a full gas run to the finish. I got a gap up the hill at 3km finishing 16 seconds ahead at the end. Splits (500m):1:39,1:49(forced Andrew to front),1:43,(took lead)1:39,1:42(dead turn),1:46(hill),1:43,1:39,1:47(dead turn),1:43.

After Parkrun I was off the Stromlo XC circuits for a group set,warm down and coffee. The set was an undulating 2.5km as intervals of 1 minute hard, 1 minute easy at a pace faster than Parkrun.

Steve also did Parkrun as a warm down having done 3 x 1km at Stromlo earlier.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024