Beach Intervals 17km incl 15 x 200m 3:10/km

Pre-dawn 17km run including a set of 15 x 200m intervals, 200m recovery, pace 3:10/km. I was joined late in the set by a mob of 7 kangaroos. They just stood on the waters edge looking at me, a couple put their legs in the ocean. The stand-off lasted 5 minutes. One of the rare times I didn't have my phone handy, left it on a rock. Back to the set: Pace at 3:10/km which is faster than Parkrun but not flat out. Next step to do some longer intervals or a time trial at that pace. I'll work on it all week alternating with more short intervals. On Saturday I'll have a better warm up, try to start a little faster and get close to or under 17 minutes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024