Beach Run 17km incl 10 X 200m

Pre-dawn 17km run including a set of 10 X 200m strides with 200m recovery. A stone bruise on left foot from yesterday, I wore Nike Alphafly 1s to avoid further damage. In the afternoon 3km at faster than Parkrun pace. Next set on Thursday morning. The tide will be low and going out, sand hard and fast. I'll run my favourite beach again, this time practicing my dead turns within the set. Parkrun Batemans Bay has four dead turns. It's an area I can technically improve on saving enough seconds to get a new PB on Saturday morning. Power into the turn, quick short steps around the turn, stay low, power out, stand up with high hips, back to maximum threshold.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024