Hill Loop + Beach Intervals 17km : Steve 4 X 500m

A day of running split into two parts. In the morning a hilly loop of 10km. If the afternoon at low tide a set of short intervals (24 X 200m with <15 seconds recovery). On Friday an easy day of slow running plus a few short intervals. On Saturday Parkrun. I'm 9 weeks into this base building training block that will last until early 2023. I've had a couple of weeks at 125km. That's more than I need to do. Yesterday I found a beach to fit in very long intervals at low tide, flat sand. I need to do much of my running on soft surfaces to avoid overuse injury. Steve this morning ran 4 X 500m. Splits: 1:37,1:34,1:32,1:32 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024