Morning Golf Course and Beach Run, Swim : Training Update

Full sun, no wind, lovely day for a run through the golf course, seals, swim at Bar Beach (water temp 20 degrees) and jog home. First part solo, then with the dog. Coffee after run.
I've completed 34 weeks in this base training block that will conclude in March 2023. The last three weeks I backed off the training volume from 140km/week down to just over 120km/week to enable recovery and running form improve accordingly. Results improved over the weeks at Parkrun posting 16:52 in my third outing at a new course for me. In the next three weeks I am marshall at my local Parkrun, I have a festive party on the second weekend (I will run Parkrun for fun following morning) and Christmas on the third weekend (Parkrun at full gas again at an event tbc). I'll use the time to increase weekly training volume back up to 140km+ while doing all the sessions. I'll begin to taper training volume first week in February to be in peak form for three multi-day competitions that will conclude in early March 2023.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024