Training and Racing Plan Update 2023-2024

Having just completed my first goal event (Sutherland2Surf Road Race) since Australian Masters Athletics Championships in Sydney, I'm now looking forward to 2024 for the next challenge. I've already committed myself to Australian Masters Athletics Championships to be held in Hobart, March 2024. On the wish list is the World Masters Athletics Championships in Gothenburg, Sweden, August 2024. Both events will include track and cross country events. I've previously doubled up on dual Australian and World Masters Athletics Championships/Games in the same year (2015,2016,2017,2018). The training plan was basically the same with minor tweaks in each case. It comprises two base training blocks, two race preparation blocks and two racing blocks. Next step is to see if travel logistics for Sweden is possible before entries close and book it in. I was in Gothenburg a couple of times for orienteering and travel. I'd love to go back again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024