City2Sea

Too many thoughts in the head...that's Melbum 4u.
Today 14km, flat, cool, a little humid, only wind Albert Park.
Started slow again. Unlike last week this would be my big mistake.
Only had one friend left after 2km. A pack 10 seconds ahead at 5km.
Five including James A and Grant M. When I hit the wind I lost the
scent. Had to run 8km on my own with a pack, large, that contained Kate
20sec back. With 2km to go one person bridged the gap to me, towed me
the last 2km. Also helped close the gap to the stragglers in the pack that was always just out of reach.

14th place overall. James A would have won 40-49. My time 48, the winner 43, Kate 49. Minnie 74. Bronz 69.

Socially managed to pack in South Bank, South Gate, the muddy Yarra, music, dancing (I only watched), coffee and the Myer Xmas windows. Oh and a lap of the tan as a warm up before the race. Met Tash in the preferred runners compound, spoke at length, her partner Waz had several conversations with me all over the course as he waited for Tash to come past. At one point he was running along side...I could barely keep up and hold the conversation going. He is still very fit. When I was out of sight he rang me on the phone. Lucky Minnie was carrying it:-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024