Another ploddle

Bella and I gave Minnie a 5 minute head start on the Aranda bush diamond out and back. Bella caught the scent early, nose to the ground, rounded her up minutes before I did...myself still in recovery mode.

My head very ready to start the new cycle, my body lingers. Saturday and Sunday I will hope for some long intervals and 20km each day to kick start the first block of training that will last 6 months including a few key races and a lap of France. The races: June 12km XC Pennington ; ACT XC Championships -- July Lap of France -- August City2Surf -- September Canberra Times Fun Run -- October Melbourne Half Marathon. Will have one easier week before each race (or series of races in June). From then on it's all track.

Having mostly recovered from my ankle tendon injury in late 2010 (the tendons have healed and tightened, the piece of grissle holding them in place is either loose or detached), I can do more fast tempo hills this winter. Hopefully that means more power next summer.

I have a few running technique faults to fix up...some old habits coming back, some more refinement.

The long intervals are second nature now. Not being away from home for 3 months should allow some good progress over winter.

The pace intervals that I lacked last season (having no access to a track in Europe) should be there as well. As I witnessed from helping my friends, lots of small steps over a long period of time really works.

All to do on Saturday, put on the shoes, do the sessions, stay calm, take reward once a month, smile when the spring, summer and autumn comes around again.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024