I forgot

Having to stretch out a peak from late January until early April, a period of about 10 weeks, has left me forgetting what the feeling is of punching out 20 km a day including all the sessions. Tired and heavy legs, always being hungry...those are the necessary sacrifices that make me who I am and do what I do.

Today the third straight 20km day...to work and back over Black Mountain, only 3 roads crossed each direction, a wallaby, an echidna, a dog named Bella 500m from home running amok with a girl called Minnie...both running the opposite direction.

History tells me in six weeks time. all being well, I'll be in great shape and ready to race again. Until then nothing but hard work and all the good sessions, feeling tired and hungry, dreaming of some cross country races in June, a lap of France in July, City2Surf in August:-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024