World Masters Athletics Championships : Men 10000m

Weather very warm to hot, sunny, some wind. Racing started at 9am in the 10000m and went throughout the day like the women yesterday. There was a large contingent of Kenyan runners who spiced up the races.

I watched two races before my M50-54 event. Both M60-64 and M55-59 were crackers for different reasons. M60-64 went down to the wire, an entralling race that Kiwi Dennis Wylie took in the home straight and featured the first Kenyan of the meet with erratic pacing. M55-59 had no erratic pacing, David Sweeney ran solo start to finish posting an impressive time in the conditions.

M50-54 race was fun with a quick and very happy Kenyan almost toying with us. Ben Reynolds was best equipped to handle him and they had a mighty tussle. I cracked mid-race but didn't hang on too long fighting my way back to finish 3rd. It was one cup of water on the head every lap after I was dropped for me...it got me through to then end. Next race a half marathon on Sunday at 630am.

Results, video and such below.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024