City2Surf 14km 52nd 1st M50-59 48:44

This morning City2Surf 14km crossing the line 52nd, 1st in M50-59. I can't really fault my run. I knew within 500m I was having a good one. First 6km covered at 3:18/km was right on my limit. I lost a few places on Heartbreak Hill but got them all back plus some more when the race turned into the wind and I could start picking off more runners. First 3km in 10:09, last 3km in 9:44. Hard work in between. My run better than at the Gold Coast Half Marathon having now had 9 weeks of base building.

Minnie, Helen, Gabe, Mia, Kathy, Emma and Jack all ran well. Helen and Jack both broke 70 minutes to conserve a spot in the first start group. Steve and family out on course walking.

Next up Canberra Times 14km fun run over the same 14km distance in 3 weeks. I'll start to do some solid 10km paced sets. I should be quicker than today.

Next set probably on Tuesday, probably a tempo run to allow the body to recover. I'm running Parkrun Launceston on Saturday.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Black Mountain : Strength / Power Hill ; Roads to Run UP! : Lacets du Grand Colombier - 8.4km at 7.6% (891m)

Training Overview : Road to World Masters Athletics Championships Malaga 2018

World Masters Games Auckland : M55-59 1500m 1st 4:38