City2Surf 14km 52nd 1st M50-59 48:44

This morning City2Surf 14km crossing the line 52nd, 1st in M50-59. I can't really fault my run. I knew within 500m I was having a good one. First 6km covered at 3:18/km was right on my limit. I lost a few places on Heartbreak Hill but got them all back plus some more when the race turned into the wind and I could start picking off more runners. First 3km in 10:09, last 3km in 9:44. Hard work in between. My run better than at the Gold Coast Half Marathon having now had 9 weeks of base building.

Minnie, Helen, Gabe, Mia, Kathy, Emma and Jack all ran well. Helen and Jack both broke 70 minutes to conserve a spot in the first start group. Steve and family out on course walking.

Next up Canberra Times 14km fun run over the same 14km distance in 3 weeks. I'll start to do some solid 10km paced sets. I should be quicker than today.

Next set probably on Tuesday, probably a tempo run to allow the body to recover. I'm running Parkrun Launceston on Saturday.

Comments

David said…
Nice run Bruce congrats
Ewen said…
Great race Bruce. You're in good nick.

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024

Parkrun Panboola Wetlands 3rd in 18:06 : Steve 4 x 500m