Diary of a mini-taper week City2Surf 14km : Day 4-5 ; Keith 4 x 3 Minutes

Last two days 16km and 8km, running steady. Second short day tomorrow in Sydney, the day before City2Surf 14km, only 5km. Two day taper will reduce volume from earlier in the week at 135km down to 90km. With such a short taper I never know if it's going to be great on race day, I usually am good, it's all about long term. My first big goal is in April 2018 with Australian Masters Athletics Championships. That's a long way in the future.

To keep my interest up and continue my development again as a middle distance runner I am now entered in Australian Masters Games 800m and 1500m (plus Burnie 10km road race) and Oceania Masters Athletics Championships in Dunedin NZ 800m and 1500m (plus 5000m and 8km XC).

Keith yesterday 4 x 3 minute efforts. Splits: 3:29/km, 3:30/km, 3:32/km, 3:37/km. Another great set from Keith, all with 200m jog recovery.

Steve is on the mend from a calf niggle, will be jogging City2Surf back of the pack.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024