Open European Masters Athletics 10km Virtual Challenge

Rolling on from the European Masters Athletics 5km Virtual Challenge...I now have the 10km challenge to train for and post a time on any date in June 2020.

I'm into my 16th week of a high volume (120km+) base building block and about to commence direct preparation block for my own virtual World Masters Athletics Championships which was cancelled. I will run 8000m XC, 5000m and 10000m in the last week of July. The EMA Masters 10km Challenge will slot in nicely into that direct prep block.

This week I'll do a mix of long recovery runs on forest trails and short interval sessions (500m-800m) to burn some fat and get my leg speed happening again. The following weeks I'll begin longer intervals, tempo runs and short time trials. When I'm happy with my form I'll look to posting a good 10km time trial or two. I'll mix in grass and bitumen surfaces throughout.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024