ACT Masters Track 800m Handicap

My final track race of 2020 and what a joy it was to be part of it. An 800m handicap race with the very best athletes truly world class aged 35-70+. In the end 5 seconds separated the top five, just over two seconds the top three.

I ran almost a perfect race, good enough for third. Steve who I train with fifth. Anthony who I raced with regularly this season fourth. Ken aged 35+ and John aged M70+(2nd Lyon WMA 400m,3rd Perth WMA 400m) 2nd and 1st with great runs.

Next events for me will be Parkrun until I get my 50th event t-shirt (before Xmas, pic FT). With some good fortune Australian Masters Athletics Championships March 2021 in my home town of Canberra will be confirmed this month and I can continue training for events 1500m - 10000m + 8000m XC. Next event Parkrun Gungahlin? Saturday. Same morning Stromlo XC Intervals.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024