Sunday Hilly Half Marathon 21.1km

Sunday morning hilly recovery run on forest trails of 21.1km out and back. Weather cool to warm, no wind, mostly sunny out of the trees. I didn't see many runners out there today, most taking a break at the coast, Christmas shopping or heading to Falls Creek in the Alps for some altitude training?? I have no idea really.

The week ahead I have four days of work until six weeks holiday leave. Parkrun on both Friday and Saturday this week with Burley PR my preferred destination for Christmas Day. There should be a few to drag fast me up the climb to the dead turn. Sub-17 is possible for me. I'll load up early in this training week leaving just 10km to run on Thursday, day before Burley. I'll do the normal two sessions of 800m repeats with short recovery (Monday or Tuesday) and 500m leg speed intervals, 500m recovery (Wednesday or Thursday).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024