Recovery Run 10km ; Structured Training

Friday evening recovery run of 10km from home. Lovely weather with no wind but for a cool light breeze. I finished right on dusk.

Most of my friends out of town on Saturday, no group training at Stromlo XC circuits. I have my choice of Parkrun events, favouring Gungahlin this evening. I'll see how I wake in the morning. Weather expected to be cool with light winds, good for a faster time than last week's heat. Rain expected on Saturday afternoon.

Announced today was Parkruns in NSW opening from December 19th. That's good news to take some weekend breaks a couple of hours drive away to find new courses. Also to be announced on Monday possibility of Christmas and New Year Parkruns.

I've re-structured my structured training until February. With no track events Parkrun will be my main race day. Tuesday and Thursday long paced interval sessions. Sunday and Wednesday long runs. I'm still running at my bushfire/Covid weight which is 2-3kg above my race weight. At 3kg that's 15-20 seconds slower on a Parkrun. I'll aim to lose 2kg before 2021.

I'll resume my hardest interval session when I break from work for six weeks. 2000m,1500,1000m,500m (or other variations) at maximum intensity with 2-4 minutes recovery will be done on Tuesday. The Thursday set will be 500m leg speed intervals with 500m jog recovery or 800m efforts with 200m recovery. All will be done at Stromlo early in the morning. Weekly volume will remain at 120km+/week as a lead up towards Australian Masters Athletics Championships in March (if they go ahead).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024