Parkrun Burley Griffin 10th 17:24 Happy Christmas

Christmas Day Parkrun at Burley Griffin with 659 participants. Weather cool, cloudy, light winds. Despite an easy day yesterday I woke up fatigued with nothing in my legs on the warm up and in the Parkrun. In full training mode this happens, twice in the last two months of Parkruns. There were plenty of great runners out there, good weather, shame to waste the opportunity of a faster time than 17:24.

My splits (500m, 2.5km up,dead turn,2.5km down): 1:41,1:40,1:45,1:47,1:40,(dead turn)1:50,1:48,1:45,1:48,1:37. I ran slower down than I did up!

Sad news to hear my brother being admitted to hospital on Christmas Eve.

Later in the morning I ran a recovery run with Milli the border collie followed by another 6km to make 20km for the day, 120km+ last 7 days. Tomorrow I'm going to run at Parkrun Ginninderra. If my legs are OK I'll run another hard run or run as intervals.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024