Forest Trails Run 19km ; Road to Age 60

Crisp Sunday morning run under blue skies of 19km on forest trails through the Arboretum and back. So nice the weather. Monday is a holiday here, I'll get up after the frost and run a set of 3 x 2500m XC intervals across the road at Stromlo XC circuits. I'll wear faster shoes than Saturday and get an idea of where I am at.

In 9 months I'll be aged 60 and retired from working. For the next 6 months I'll be putting in a training base to allow for some age and age graded records from late January 2022, both on track and at Parkrun. There is also the World Masters Athletics Cross Country Championships in Bathurst as a key goal in February 2022. I already started my first set of XC intervals on Saturday with 2 x 2500m XC intervals on the undulating 2500m loop. That will build up to 5 x 2500m in the next fortnight before moving on to other long interval sessions.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024