Steve 4 x 500m Efforts ; Bike Commute 32km ; Australian Institute of Sport Iron Study VO2 Max test Step Down Session

Thursday morning set for Steve of 4 x 500m efforts with 3 minutes recovery. Splits: 1:36,1:33,1:34,1:30. A quick set for Steve again.

I had a full day at work including a 32km commute on the MTB followed by chores that required more walking. I've ditched the old RAV4 used for 6 months and signed up for a new RAV. It will be many months before I can drive it due to Covid delivery logistics. Until then it will be more riding the bike or running to work.

When I resume structured training in May I'll be including a set I've used off and on for over a decade (variations of a basic step down 2000m,1600m,1200m,800m,400m with 200m walk recovery). In 2012 I used it in conjunction with an iron injection study and VO2max tests conducted by the Australian Institute of Sport. There was a steady improvement over the period of the iron study and beyond especially over 2000m and 1600m. I haven't done the set as much since I started racing 1500m at National and World level, shifting the focus to developing a better kick.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024