ACT 10000m Championships

33.6 degrees at the start, still 32.0 degrees at 9pm...that was one hot race.

Before the start I pre-planned Minnie on the water stop instead of lap scoring and organised Helen to do the lap sheet. I needed a cup of water on the head every lap just to get through the heat. Lap splits below.

The legs felt good, the form and motivation as well.

Keith a huge life time PB 36:59 taking around 1:30 off his best.

I guess there were around 25 runners on the track (including AACT). It didn't bother me as I was in lane 3 every lap to get the water. Although it cost me a second each lap in getting the water it saved me a whole lot of discomfort during the race and I was able to finish it off very well, especially in the last 2km.

Lap Sheet




































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024