Long Run #17

Once again the day expected to reach 41 degrees so I got my running all done early with only a loosener when it cools off again tonight.

The run of 20km over Mount Painter twice, into the bush at Aranda and along the bike path to finish, all at a brisk tempo. That's the best I've felt on any run for a long while and could have gone on for much longer but I need to get to work.

It does take a while for the iron levels to lift again after a big block of training and I hit one of those periods today with the help of some liquid iron supplement and rest. I've only had three low volume week since my One Hour Run in October. Two weeks due to the broken ribs and one week for this last block of racing.

The weeks go like this: 120km, 134km, 48km (chest), 61km (chest), 135km, 132km, 133km, 130km, 170km, 142km, 77km (taper), 140km. The final two weeks of January will be 150km+ and 120km+ with three easy days before the ACTVAC 10000m Championships in a fortnight.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024