AIS : New Track Surface

This morning with Emma and Bella, a 45 minute loop in the bush.

This afternoon some step down intervals on the new track surface.

The set: 6x100m ; 2000m 621 ; 800m 227 ; 400m 69 ; 300m 50 with 300m recovery.

Warm down on Mt Painter with Bella.

The surface not as soft and bouncy as I expected or imagined. Very much like the old surface only flatter, slightly softer. My running technique very much like I've used on the old surface but not like I've used on the Albert Park track in Melbourne.

On the session: The 2000m session I set the watch on 6:40 pace, started steady and got quicker each lap and especially on the last two. 12 seconds per kilometre quicker than at Stromlo with much less effort. The shorter efforts fluent but with lactate in the legs after the 800m. A confidence booster for Bendigo on Monday. I still have over 150km in the legs last 7 days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024