Long Run #18

Perfect weather for a lap of the lake from home. 2km warm up followed by 23km @ 4:10/km average with nothing over 4:20 and a couple of 3:55. Felt really good out there.

Minnie also did her long run around the lake but not including the 6km from home (3km down,3km up)...drove there and had to do extra to get to 20km...I didn't see her.

Yesterday at the track a 6km jog with Keith followed by a session with Kathy and Karen. Kathy 3 x 1000m in 4:15. I paced Karen on 3 efforts at 4:00/km (1600m,1200m,1200m).

Of me: On a diet of toasted cheese and tomato sandwiches with salad I reached my race weight of 55kg on Saturday. I'm feeling confident going into the 10000m on Thursday with a few recent races and some hard sessions in the legs. More important I've freshened up dropping the workload to 120km last week and around 100km this week. The weather forecast looks hot but still...see what happens.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024