AIS Track : 3000m

On a day when it hit 40+ in Canberra we had scheduled a 3000m race in the lead up to next weeks ACT 3000m Championships. It remained hot well into the evening. The meet was over 30 minutes behind schedule thankfully allowing the wind to die down and the temperature to drop to spot on 30 degrees.














Steve broke 10 minutes for the first time, taking 7 seconds off last week which was held in much better conditions. He will be better again next week so long as the weather cooperates.

Keith had another great run. In fact all of his runs have been spot on.

My splits: 3:11, 3:20, 3:10. I slipped into 3rd place (behind Luke) not long after the gun and stayed there comfortably until we slowed well off my schedule. I stayed tucked in out of the wind for 600m too long (until 1400m to go) and then got going again jumping out of the bunch but had no punch at all in the final 800m. I might have to punish myself on Saturday morning in training to compensate for my weak effort.

Ken ran the 400m in 71. He is coming along nicely and looked quite strong in the first 200m and last 100m. He will be better for the run as well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024