Keith 6km Fartlek ; Perfect Day Power Hills

Yesterday Keith ran 4km warm up, 5 x 100m, 6km fartlek session, 2km warm down.

Today perfect weather...cool, sunny no wind. We should get a few more days like this as a big high settles over us for a bit. I ran 25 minutes at lunch including 6 x 25-20 second power hills. Steep gradient, 90% effort, concentrating of form and not speed, standing start with slow jog down recovery. For these short efforts I've been using the same hill that I ruined my left ankle on! I haven't missed a hill session for six weeks or more. Another 50 minutes running this afternoon to come.

Tmoz the usual long intervals on grass. We will change it up this week. The set: 2500m, 2000m, 1500m, 1000m with 150-200m jog recovery.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024

Parkrun Panboola Wetlands 3rd in 18:06 : Steve 4 x 500m