Prospering in Bleak Weather

Keith did his interval session on treadmill today...a wise choice. Steve did his 6,5,4,3,2,1 minute efforts on hilly terrain to add some strength to his program. I did another 17km at around 4:00/km, felt pretty good. It's not easy getting the running done when the days are short and the weather bleak. We all have to find our own ways to stay motivated and get it done.

Tmoz I head off to a popular lunchtime loop circuit for some long intervals. Just having some people around to chase will keep the intensity higher than otherwise would be. I'll be looking to shave a few seconds off my last run with 30 seconds between each of the 4-5 efforts of around 5 minutes at maximum threshold. With snow on the hills possible I'll be wearing gloves, tights and a beanie.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024