Weekend Ketchup : Other Stuff

Saturday Keith did a long run in the mountains. Most of his runs (until it snows) may be up there, a short drive up the escarpment to 1200m asl. Let's see how that goes. Today 4.3km warm up, 5 x 100m, 6.6km in 27:41 (4:15/km). Keith has had the high volume going. Given a good winter and some tweaks in the training Keith will be in top shape soon. Merimbula Fun Run coming up.

Saturday Steve and myself some 2000m efforts. My splits: 6:58, 7:03. Only 2 efforts for me, saving myself for the race. Steve did a full set of 4 efforts. It was drizzling from the south (into the face for much of the loop) and the ropes are now up to protect the inside line. That means around 3-4 seconds slower on the last 500m of the 1km loop. Since we used the 2000m loop I could judge from the 1000m split I was off the pace slightly. That looked ominous for the Great Train Race the next day but it didn't eventuate. I made a running technique change and all was good.

Helen, Jack, Kathy and Alison did set 2: 1500m, 1200m, 800m, 400m. It was a great set for all. I did the pacing.

KT, Gabe, SK & Missy were out there also doing similar to the others but the full Stromlo set with 2000m effort. They were looking good. Missy started early doing own thing.

Today Helen and I the HalfChat fartlek. It took me a while to get warmed up after yesterday but on the whole I was pretty good. Helen also. 12km all up for me.

I've been working on a few biomechanics with the running. Used it in the race on Sunday with good effect. Something I have to keep working on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024