ACT Masters XC Handicap 9km ; Steve 3 x 2500m ; Jen Bush Capital Half marathon

Today back in Canberra waking to a frosty start and lovely sunny day around 16 degrees with no wind. Morning run was the ACT Masters XC 9km handicap on a very hilly and rough course. I had a solid run, as fast as not much sleep would allow having arrived back in Canberra hours earlier. The further it went the faster I ran. In the afternoon an easy recovery run on Mount Painter with Milli the border collie. All up 17km for the day.

On Saturday Steve ran 3 x 2500m efforts at Stromlo XC circuit. Splits: 9:19,9:10,9:10, 9:13 average.

On Saturday Gabe ran the Bush Capital 16km backing up again the ACT Masters XC 9km handicap.

On Saturday Jen ran Parkrun 5km in 24:44 backing up in the Bush Capital Half Marathon in 128 minutes.

I'll get back into the groove this week. For the next nine months I'll be in a build up phase again. I'll resume a 6km maximum threshold run on hilly XC course on most Wednesdays. On most Sundays I'll start building up my long run and include some of that run at around 3:30-3:40/km as either a tempo run of as intervals on a variety of surfaces. I'll fit in key sessions on Saturdays and one other day during the week at a variety of paces from 2:50/km-3:30/km. I won't do much racing until track resumes in October. City2Surf 14km in two weeks will be one of those races.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024