Long Run Aranda Bush Trails : Cadel and Bella

This morning a sleep in resulted in a later than planned run. It was very hot, especially for Milli the Border Collie who was only interested in a 1km slow trot. I returned her home to some ice cubes and set out again. I was dehydrated after 10km, a big struggle just to get home. The calf was sore after Parkrun on Saturday.

The rest of the day I spent sipping something cold and watching Cadel Evans cycling race on TV with Milli. I've made a few trips to Geelong for Cadel's race and the World Cycling road championships in 2010. Cadel's race coincided with my birthday until this year, no trip this time. It was Bella the Border Collie's last trip in 2017, passing away six months later. I'll make an effort to get Milli down to the little hideaway where we stayed soon, little threat of bush fires in autumn or winter and nice by the fireplace. Milli was born a year to the day after Bella died.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024