Parkrun Ginninderra 17:47 ; Steve at Stromlo 2000m, 4 x 600m

Saturday morning Parkrun at Lake Ginninderra. Weather cool to warm, windy, some drizzle at times. Air quality was good although I found it a little asthmatic at the usual spot on the far side of the bridge. It sometimes happens in weather like this with wind disturbing muck in the reeds. Splits: 3:30,3:23,3:33,3:35,3:34. My fastest split was with the wind. As I have been the last few weeks I started at a moderate pace to let my calf warm up and not regress the rehab. After the first kilometre there was minimal pain. I still didn't push it. I'll stick with Parkrun over the next few weeks and attempt some long interval sessions mid-week. Nothing too fast. I should be down to low 17mins by next Saturday.

After Parkrun I ran around the lake with Jen to make 15km for the morning. This afternoon a short recovery run. Sunday morning a long hilly recovery run.

Steve was at Stromlo XC circuit this morning running 2000m, 4 x 600m efforts. It was windy there too, a soft track I expect. Splits: 2000m 7:55, 4 x 600m (2:02,2:02,1:58,1:57)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024