BBQ Stakes 6km XC Handicap 21:57 1st

Lunch time run at BBQ Stakes 6km XC community handicap in 21:57, 1st. My first win on handicap in a couple of years and took 18 seconds off my previous best time in 2021 and my fastest time since October 2019. Weather was OK with light winds, cloudy, cool to warm. Nice for running.

It's no coincidence such a good run today. On Thursday evening after the track 5000m in 17:21 I watched my race video. I noticed how heavy I looked when running. On Friday I changed my eating habits completely, removed all the bad food and replaced it with healthy food. In the last 6 days I ran 120km and did 3 really good speed sessions and upped the core strength sessions. As a result I slimmed down to race weight and felt like I was flying around today.

I am now in taper mode for a 10000m next Thursday and 5000m following Thursday. Next sets tomorrow with a 3000m at track and Saturday, either at Parkrun or Stromlo XC circuits. Days in between will be easy running while reducing volume from 140km/week down to 80km/week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024