Parkrun Coombs 17:25 =1st ; Stromlo XC Tempo Run 2500m 3:45/km ; Steve Not Parkrun Tuggeranong 18:10

Parkrun Coombs after overnight rain and very humid conditions, slight breeze. I led almost the whole way until the final kilometre with no idea who was on my tail. I felt good throughout always holding a little in reserve. We had a full gas sprint for the win and couldn't be separated. I drew the short straw 2nd place token in 17:25. It was good enough to raise my age graded record to 91.2%, I've held it since event 1 back in March 2018 and upgraded it a few times. After that it was off to Stromlo XC circuits for coffee and a group session which included a 2500m tempo at 3:45/km and some 100m strides. 17km all up in the morning, 20km for the day after a short recovery run.

Steve ran a 5km time trial on the Parkrun Tuggernong course in 18:10.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024