Parkrun Panboola Wetlands 3rd in 18:06 : Steve 4 x 500m

Perfect weather at Parkrun Panboola Wetlands, 3rd in 18:06. I had two very quick young ones to chase today, I could only keep one of the young lads in sight. The first of the two broke the course record. The two in front are aged 15-17 and 11-14. I turned 62 today, Happy birthday to me. Splits:(500m)1:46,1:48,1:46,1:47,1:46,(dead turn,1:53),1:50,1:51,1:49,1:45. I still need to find more pace in the early splits even if the course hasn't dried out properly yet. Like last week I had plenty left in the tank near the finish. I'll have to stop switching off mentally in the second half of the run. On Sunday a long run, probably on the golf course. Next week I'll lift intensity in the sessions a little. My big race events start in a couple of months. It was great to see Thien at the event today and such a long way from home. We had some great tussles in Canberra when I lived there. He is a very hard nut to crack in a race. Also Steve is back running again after a break. Today his set on the coast as 4 x 500m efforts with 3 minutes recovery. He got down to 3:11/km by the end of the set.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024