Pre-Parkrun Session Glasshouse Rocks Beach VS Saint Malo, France ; Steve 3 x 1km, 4 min recovery

Another late start to the running with low tide not due until mid-afternoon. Early in the day Steve ran 3 x 1km with 4 minutes recovery. I was prepared to wait until the tide was out to get a session in where I can run at near top pace in my last session before Parkrun. The session a simple 2 x 1km efforts at full gas, today without the dog to race. Today I hit my race weight target goal. I only ever hit it just prior to a Championship event so I am a few weeks early. The lightest I've been since October 2016, just before World Masters Athletics Championhips in Perth, Western Australia.

Australia has many great beaches to run on that are fast and flat at low tide, France too. I can't think of anywhere that beats Saint Malo at dead low tide...and if it's not then Walking St Malo's most famous food market at intra-muros within the awe-inspiring city walls is a joy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024