AIS Track : 5 x 100m, 5 x 200m Strides

My first day back home. Two runs with a morning loosener on Mount Painter with Bella. In the afternoon (after a nap) a strides session at the track.

The set: 4.5km warm up, 5 x 100m with jog back recovery including stretching on steeple (19.2, 18.5, 18.1, 17.3, 15.9) ; 5 x 200m with 200m jog recovery including stretching on steeple (35.1, 35.1, 34.2, 32.9, 32.9) ; 4.5km warm down.

With all the efforts I just let the speed come as I warmed up and stretched more. A 15+ and 32+ effort was what I was looking for, something around 85% effort without getting injured.

This week I get to practice my final training schedule leading up to World Masters Athletics Championships in Lyon 2015 (almost exactly one year away). Travel is a major stress in itself and an airline cold more than possible. I am very interested in strides either the day I arrive or the day after in Paris 2015 and how to keep it together for two weeks without losing race fitness.

My four loose rules for a full 10 day taper are: Begin to reduce training volume and set volume by one-third 10 days from Championships ; last very hard session one week before race ; last hard session three days before race ; don't reduce intensity. There are lots of ways to get this outcome through sessions. It's more important for me to listen to the body and adjust. I like the last hard session to be at the same pace as my first race of the championships or slightly quicker and only around one-fifth of race distance.

I've booked all hotels for World Masters Athletics 2015 now. The basic plan: Arrive in Paris with two nights central Paris (watch final stage Tour de France) ; Move to Annecy for taper camp ; Move to Lyon for championships arriving morning prior to first race (on following day). If Minnie can make it we go to Saint Malo for a one week holiday after (yep booked that too, ocean view en plage).

So back into it for me. Next stop a few hard sessions to get ready for City2Surf. Will keep the volume up around 120-130km for the week and only do a mini-three day taper prior to the race but will still get to two-third volume by day of City2Surf.

Keith did 6,5,4,3,2,1 minute session after an easy week post ACT Masters XC Championships. I caught up with Maria, Roger, Gabe and Tori after track, saw Roger Rabbot on way to track, will catch up with Steve and Jane in coming days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024