World Masters Athletics Championships Lyon 2015 update

On this trip I've been scoping for next year and the championships. Driving through the outskirts of Lyon I didn't like what I saw again. I've decided to go without car for both the WMA and a pre-championships seven day taper camp. I moved my Lyon hotel into town and near TGV station. It's a short metro ride to the main venue or a 6km warm up.

For the pre-WMA taper camp I decided on Annecy and in centre of town, very near the lake, TGV station and with kitchen. Annecy has a direct train connection to Lyon. Annecy has a lovely lake for cooling off, all the bike paths I need but also some large expanses of grass for soft surface intervals and strides.

For the Tour de France 2015 I know the route starts in Utrecht, travels anti-clockwise, Pyrenees first, Alps last including Alpe d'Huez and a time trial in Macon is the penultimate stage...at least that's what the well informed rumours are. So if I do see the tour next year Annecy is in the right spot. If I am right Fete du Lac Annecy should be on August 1 2015. Some images.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024